Before the year began, I sat down and created a plan for what I wanted it to look like. You can see that plan here. Looking back, I met some of the goals, while others fell to the side.
Life List goals met
First of all, I managed to cross a few items off of my Life List.
- My wife and I went and saw the MoonBow.
- Over the summer, I was able to purchase a motorcycle. My wife, Ms. Peeps, and I have been having a great time thus far and are already planning some big trips together.
Things that went as planned
- I created a digital product,
- sold some portraits,
- completed all of my travel goals,
- spent time with my wife,
- read some great books,
- finished some sketches,
- and created emergency accounts.
- Plus, by this time next year I will have earned my Bachelor’s degree!
Things that didn’t
- I didn’t build a business, though I took some steps in the right direction.
- I didn’t keep in touch with friends and family as much as I would have liked.
- Not all of the books on my reading list were read.
- I didn’t quite finish filling in two whole sketchbooks, much less try to get my own show.
- After much contemplation I came to the realization that grad school just isn’t something that I want to do right now, which means that I didn’t even attempt taking the GRE.
- Running fell by the wayside, and the pushups, situps, and squats challenges were forgotten.
- Sodas have begun to creep back into my life, though I drink far fewer than I used to.
Good things that weren’t planned
- I got to meet Chris Guillebeau, a favorite author and blogger. Never before did I understand people who would travel so far just to meet an author, but now I do!
- Even though I now know I don’t want to go to graduate school right after finishing undergrad, I do have an idea of what the next step will be for me.
- I have written and begun to focus on my short list.
- New friends have been made.
It might not have been exactly the year I planned for, but it was still amazing. 2011? Will be even better!