Running can give you time to clear your mind, to think about important things or nothing at all. It occurred to me that a lot of the lessons I’ve learned from running apply to life as well.
- It’s easy to over-complicate.
- You need proper equipment.
- It’s easier with a goal.
- Pace yourself.
- Sometimes you need a break.
- Conversely, sometimes you have to push through.
- It’s hard to get going again once you slow down.
- It’s harder by yourself.
- There’s no time like the present to get started.
- You get better with practice.
- Look around and enjoy the view.
I have expanded each of these lessons into a post of their own and have linked to them above. None of them are overly long, you can read the whole list in a fairly short time. I’m sure you will find something valuable for your own life.