2010 – The Year of Growth
Business – Create a business (or multiple mini-bizs) that provides the income for my wife and I to live from.
- $900 take-home each month from own business ventures
- Create products to sell – ebook is in the works & have contacted a partner for the marketing
- Sell portraits and other artwork
- Create and run niche websites – current topic ideas: artists, photography
Friends & Family – Spend more quality time with my wife, family and friends.
- Speak to family/friends once each week on phone
- Go on monthly date with my wife
- Spend 15 hours of quality time with my wife each week
- Have friends over at least once a month
- Read “His Needs, Her Needs” – this is an annual goal, to help my wife and I stay connected
Travel – Complete the trips we’ve been desiring last couple of years.
- See Moonbow
- Visit grand-parents in Texas – We’re heading out tomorrow and will be visiting some friends on the way. We’ll also cross the border to Mexico for a visit.
- Spring Break ministry trip with Cats for Christ Ministry – We’ve paid our deposit and reserved our spots already
Spiritual – Grow closer to God and share that love with others while hopefully helping them to do the same.
- Become better Christian
- Read books that have already: Practical Christianity, The Jesus I Never Knew, How to get what you Want, etc.
Art – Put into practice the daily habit of creating and developing into a “professional artist”.
- Have private show in gallery
- Fill two notebooks with sketches
Education – Prepare for grad school while finding a way to finance it.
- Take GRE – I have an exam prep book to begin studying
- Find potential employers who will pay for school
Physical – Get into better shape and stay there.
- Run/bike ride 4 miles a day, 3 days a week for 50 weeks of the year
- Complete 100 pushups
- Complete 200 situps
- Complete 200 squats
- Stop drinking sodas
Financial – Get finances in order and in line with God’s will, as I understand it.
- Create emergency accounts
- Give away a percentage of income
There you have it, my goals for 2010. A couple of these are not good goals, but only a couple; “be a better husband” is a bit too vague to be a good goal, but is a good starting point. Some of these goals help me complete some of the items on my Life List. Let me know what you think of my goals and watch as I work on them.