After reviewing my life in 2010, I set about deciding what I want my life to look like in 2011. I followed this basic template to set my goals.
2011 – The Year of Foundations
Business – Build a business to support my wife and I’s ideal lifestyle.
- $900 take home each month
- Build a business to focus on upon graduation.
- Look into rejoining Military
Friends & Family – Strengthen relationships through spending more time together.
- Speak to family/friends once each week on phone
- Have friends over at least once a month
Travel – Meet previously set travel goals
- Motorcycle trip over Spring Break
- 3 Week trip from coast to coast over summer
- See Moonbow again
Spiritual – Grow closer to God and share that love with others while hopefully helping them to do the same.
- Become better Christian
- Read books that have already: Practical Christianity, The Jesus I Never Knew, How to get what you Want, etc.
Education – Complete undergrad degree.
- Read 52 books
- Complete undergraduate degree (and dual minors)
Physical – Get into better shape and stay there.
- Pass hybrid Air Force/Army PT test
- Stop drinking sodas
- Begin and continue a weight lifting routine
- Run consistently each week
Marriage – Continue strengthening our relationship and having fun together.
- Work through new relationship book together
- Go on a date every month
- Read “His Needs, Her Needs” – this is an annual goal, to help my wife and I stay connected
- Spend 15 hours of quality time with my wife each week
- Go on a vacation together
Financial – Keep finances in order and in line with God’s will, as I understand it.
- Give away a percentage of income
Art – Keep art fun while completing projects of personal interest.
- Fill two notebooks with sketches
- Complete personal projects
There you have it, my goals for 2011. Some of these goals will enable me to complete some of the items on my Life List. Some are just building the foundation for long-term goals. Some are just for fun.
Let me know what you think of my goals and watch as I work on them.
4 thoughts on “2011 Action Plan”
These are great goals, and most of them are measurable, which is essential. I see things here that work with your bucket list.
You’re right! Not only did I try to piece together my goals to fit well within the year, but I also make sure that I am working on my life list at the same time. No point in making that list if I’m not referring to it occasionally. Those goals won’t fulfill themselves, after all. 😀