I am taking part in a photo scavenger hunt. This has been something that I have been interested in trying for some time. I happened to stumble upon one over at Nicole’s site recently and decided to go ahead and jump in and give it a try.
What is a photo scavenger hunt? Exactly like it sounds, it is a scavenger hunt where, instead of bringing back the item, you take a photo of it. Of course, this presents some interesting options, as your list can contain items that are impossible in a conventional hunt. For example, you cannot bring back a building, but you can take a photo of one.
Now keep in mind that I am not a good photographer. However, this is part of why I am interested in joining in this hunt. By “forcing” myself to photograph subjects that I might normally overlook I will get invaluable practice and improve my skills.
I have completed the list and added all of my photos. You can click on the pictures to see them full-sized. This was my first ever photo scavenger hunt and greatly enjoyed it. I’ll definitely be looking to take part of more in the future. Who knows, I might even host one!
- Here is the scavenger hunt list:
- local currency
- local flag – Everyone’s decorated for St. Paddy’s Day!
- local food – Because what’s more Irish than potatoes?
- something rusty
- local wildlife – I couldn’t decide between these two, so I just included them both.
- local nature
- local stamp – it was local once it got here. 😀
- part of your neighborhood (it can be a very small part)
- traditional house
- a local person
- local weather
- local transportation
- traditional local clothing – I don’t know if it’s traditional, but how could I pass up a photo like this?
- night sky – this was my first ever picture with the nighttime setting. I’ll have to play with it some more!
- local product non food – this is the product I was going to photo, and my wife happened to spot this one on the way to the store… just hanging in the tree!
- something furry
- something feathery
- a sign of the season
- a part of you
- your main hobby – had to go back in the archives for this one. It’s a combo of my two favorite hobbies, hiking & geocaching!
- a local shop
- a local restaurant
- a street sign – For some reason, this sign hits my funny bone. Something about traffic calming being the answer to road rage. (I know, I know, but it’s what I think when I see the sign.)
- a local mail box