Over the weekend I was reflecting on how good life is and it occurred to me just how rich we are. Maybe we don’t have a lot of money in the bank, or invested. Perhaps our car isn’t the shiniest on the block. Our house might not even be the largest or newest in the neighborhood. However, we are, undoubtedly, rich.
- We don’t have to worry about whether we will have food, but what sounds good for the next meal.
- Perhaps that new job hasn’t worked out, but we still have our smart phones.
- The great concern is if we will find something on television to entertain us tonight.
Those don’t sound like the concerns of a poor person, no matter what the bank account might say. We have food, clean water, and shelter available to us.
Still not convinced?
- Even if we don’t buy anything, we can take an afternoon (or a day!) and spend it shopping and chatting with friends.
- We drive our personal car to the above shopping trip.
- Most likely we stop at a restaurant where, again, there are more food options than we even bother to look at.
- The restaurant has to throw out any extra food at the end of the night, for tax purposes.
We live in amazing times. Life is good, especially when we take a moment to stop and think about it. We are rich.