Well, I’ve cleaned off my computer desktop, so the next natural step would be to… complete the homework that I have open in my browser. Since I have no desire to do that, and no looming deadline, I decided to work more towards my luddite goals.
There wasn’t much on my desk to start with, but most of those few items needed to go.
- I copied the photos from the camera onto my computer and put the camera back where it belongs.
- The todo/reminder lists were condensed and put into digital form.
- Random papers were filed away.
- The coin rolls from when I rolled my loose change were put in my backpack so that I will remember to change them for paper money.
Now my desk is much less cluttered and more pleasant to work at. On it are:
- My laptop and mouse.
- A hand-made mug (from childhood) that holds some of my fountain pens.
- A small scratch pad for capturing ideas.
- The piece of paper that is part of the project I’m currently working on.
After only about 10 minutes, this is a nice step in the right direction. Now I just need to keep the momentum going. Guess I should really get started on that homework…