It’s easy to get caught up in your daily routine. Today, you should take a moment to do something that you enjoy, just for the sake of it.
You don’t have to spend a lot of time on this, or even complete whatever you are working on. Just spend enough time that it makes you smile.
- Spend some time working on that art/craft project you’ve been wanting to work on.
- Read a chapter from a favorite book (or one you’ve been wanting to try).
- Take a bath and relax. Don’t be afraid to add bubbles.
- Take a stroll through a nearby park.
- Sit and watch the sunset.
Go ahead, enjoy yourself! There’s nothing adventurous about a life spent stuck in routine.
I don’t have time!
If you’re thinking this to yourself, then that’s fine, and to be expected. However, it’s also well worth taking a few minutes for yourself. If you can’t do it today, go ahead and plan on it for tomorrow.
No! I really don’t have any time!
You can always find time for yourself, snatched here and there. Read just one page from that book; perhaps while you’re standing in line at the store. Carry a notepad around with you and sketch while you’re waiting for a meeting.
Whatever you do, don’t forget to take time for yourself! You’re worth it! Do something for yourself today.